As Women’s History Month comes to an end, we’d like to honor the incredible woman who helped build Adams Land & Cattle – Angenette Adams-Denesia.
In 1945, Angenette married Russ Adams. They purchased 300 acres of land one mile east of Broken Bow and started a dairy, which is the current location of our East Lot. They supported their growing family by milking cows, feeding a few head of cattle and hogs, and raising corn and hay. In the mid 1950’s, Russ and Angenette began the business of backgrounding cattle for resale to the local auction barns. In 1971, they purchased an additional 1,063 acres of land, south of Broken Bow and a one-time capacity for around 8,000 calves was reached. In 1973, the family farm was incorporated under the name of Adams Land & Cattle and the decision was made to change over to the finishing of cattle.
The operations evolved and grew over the years, but one thing remained the same for Angenette, her love for the business, the Adams employees, and being part of feeding the world.
Angenette passed away in 2020, but the legacy she created with Russ still continues with their children, grandchildren and great-grandkids in our family business.