Our employees make their homes and raise their families in and around Custer County, Nebraska. We owe a lot of our success to the community of Broken Bow and Custer County, Nebraska. It’s where our company got its start, it’s the place we call “home” and it’s where we’ll continue to grow. We enjoy giving our resources including time, talent, beef, equipment and monetary funds back to our community, to ensure the area’s growth and prosperity. Supporting programs throughout our community is a key focus for us.
Through our community program, Adams has three key focuses for giving:
- Ag in the Classroom, including Third Grade Classroom partnership with Broken Bow Public Schools for more than 30 years, which has now expanded to Custer County classrooms.
- Food 4 Youth, developed by Adams as a community-wide initiative to ensure our local kids avoid hunger by supporting backpack programs and food pantries.
- Youth Quality Assurance Training for more than 100 area youth each year.
- Through our Beef Booster program, we provide nutritious, delicious beef to area lunchrooms.
- Annually, Adams Land & Cattle contributes more than $100 million to our local economy and purchases approximately 14 million bushels of corn and corn equivalent each year from our local farmers.
- Compost Days for our local gardeners, sharing nutrient-rich and organic compost.
- Annual Christmas Giving Tree Program, where Adams employees fulfill holiday wish lists by donating Christmas gifts and beef roasts to local families in need.
- Adams Land & Cattle has hosted more than 27 blood drives for the regional community.
- We encourage our employees to give back through donations or volunteering through Adams Dollars for Doers, which matches our employees’ time volunteering or their donations to local organizations.
- Three-level focus for financial giving: Donations to Schools, Youth, and Community Events.
Group or event assistance
If your group or event is located in Nebraska, you are welcome to request assistance from Adams in the form of a donation or similar assistance.